Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Wednesday has a nice ring to it

Don’t ask me why but Wednesday seems like a happy day. I guess it’s because it’s the tipping point toward the weekend… eh. I have a perpetual weekend at the moment, keeping pretty busy with freelance but it’s getting old, even though I do find myself extremely clever and accommodating, ha, I need human contact.

While looking through my bookmarks last night I ran across a link to Pressure Printing it’s an odd looking site in a way, sort of hazy, reminiscent of Charles Anderson and Duffy design before the CSA conglomeration when all retro ad art became his. Pressure Printing hand presses limited edition books and prints for some of the great contemporary artists/illustrators IMO, I guess the plates used to print from must be etched because the images have a bit of relief and are predominantly limited color but some 4/c here and there. See the work of Mark Ryden, Tim Biskup, Glenn Barr our Motown hometown superstar (except his website doesn’t do his work justice, hint, hint) and many more. I was just looking at a book of Kim Deitch’s art. I’m not familiar with him, but his work is comic book, cartoon style, i.e. Cheap Thrills: Big Brother and the Holding Company-esque. The printing makes everything look like a little gem, valuable and precious, something you want to hold in your hands. And of course, don’t miss out on my own dazzling display of illustrative and design-y delights at pinkchocolatedesign.com

No comments:

Post a Comment